Saturday, December 29, 2007

A reply

A reply to a mail send by one of our members to the British Council


"Please accept my apologies for the delay in
responding, I hope my out of office reply explained
that I am currently on leave. However, I have
managed to discuss your correspondence with Mr
Davidson who is very appreciative of your support of
our work in Kerala and does understand your
concerns. However, I am afraid that I must reiterate
that we are committed to the decision for the
reasons that Les Dangerfield has outlined in his
recent e-mail. Our ambitions for the British
Council's work across
India mean that we have had to
make difficult decisions and this particular one was
not taken lightly.

Les has underlined the British Council's commitment
to our work in Kerala and Mr Davidson would like to
reinforce and support what he has said not least
because of the concern you have shown, for which we
are very grateful."

With best wishes

Richard Cotton

Private Secretary to the Chief Executive

No comments: